Bookouture - digital publisher of brilliant women's fiction

Blog

Home / Blog / bookouture / Bookouture sign Renita D’Silva

Bookouture sign Renita D’Silva

Every once in a while, a book comes along that absolutely stuns you – that almost by osmosis seeps into your bones and stays with you.  A book you immediately want to tell your friends about, because you know that it is so good, and touches on themes so universal that everyone should read it.

Monsoon Memories by Renita D’Silva is one such book.

At the end of January this year, we received a manuscript that immediately melted away the English winter frost and effortlessly transported us to India.  We were mesmerised by the quality of the writing and captivated by the story that unfolded.

With shades of Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things and storytelling reminiscent of Jodi Picoult we knew we had discovered an author with an incredible talent.

Since then we’re delighted to say that we’ve agreed a three book contract with Renita and can announce that Monsoon Memories will be published in June this year.

We’d love you to be part of the Monsoon Memories journey, and to help us spread the word about what is undoubtedly a very special book.

Simply enter your e-mail below and we’ll share with you extracts, news and the cover design before anyone else gets it.

In the meantime, the press release about Renita’s signing is below – please help us share this very exciting news via Facebook and Twitter.

Recommended Posts

Showing 9 comments

• Wilfred Pius Menezes

Congratulations Renita! Looking forward to read your Bookouture.God bless you!

• Dolphi D'Silva

Not just the monsoon, a flood of memories splash through my mind right at this moment.

I have known Renita from the time she was a tiny todler on my lap. Brilliant at school, a meritorious technocrat, she breezed past her way through a dazzling software career. Then, I thought, she slipped into life’s normal and subdued routine of marriage, husband, kids and home. The occasional communications that we had made me guess that this shy girl of yester year simply hybernated doing some homely things sitting at home.

Now, what a jolt! I least expected that Renita had a writing streak hidden up her sleeve. Come June, I am waiting to read Renita’s debut novel and to discover within me the aching echoes of the Monsoon Memories.

• Mary Ninan

Renita has been a brilliant student,very talented,and hardworking.A simple ,down-to -earth person who radiates immense positive energy.We wish her great success in all her endeavors.

• Hilda

Being Renitas Mother i observed her writing habit in sixth std.when she was writing long poemmmmmms. She has wild imagination and a flow of thoughts in her.Am looking forward to many more books from Renita

• John Mascurenus

It’s great news, and congratulations Renita on your first literary success. As this is public news now hope it is alright to publish in SKAL in the Members’ News column. May your first success lead to more successes. What a nostalgic title ‘Monsoon memories’ which I believe is reminiscent of every Mangalorean. Looking forward to reading it.

20 February 2013
    John Mascurenus

• Annette Fernandes

Congratulations & best wishes Renita. May you reach many more milestones in your journey of literary works.

• Renita D'Silva

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I hope you enjoy reading ‘Monsoon Memories’ as much as I enjoyed writing it.

• Val Archer

My dear Renita ….. I had no idea you were so talented, though I always treasured our times spent together.

Please stay in touch …. absolutely can’t wait to read your momentous novel.

With much love
    Val

• Cecypais

Congratulations Renita
    You make us all Mangaloreans proud I do hope I will be able to read this book soon Keep going love A cecy

Contact Us

Got us a question? Get in touch.